Sunday, March 4, 2007

1989 I run for a seat in the upper house.

Yes, I was the first caucasian to run for a seat in the Japanese upper house.
Fortunately I only got 300,000 votes and wasn't elected. For what I see now around the world, I agree with my wife comment.

I did return to my normal music life and since then , stay away from politics.
I was a big step anyway and makes way for future westerners wannabe.
One of the must stupid laws we had in Japan was that children born from a Japanese father got the Japanese citizenship automatically but not at all if the father was a foreigner.
I made a big fuss using newspaper, magazines, radio and TV. It took quite a while but now things are different and children can get the citizenship even if the father is not Japanese.

I spent half of my life in Japan and I suppose the rest of it as well. This country did change me totally. I became something between a westerner and a Asiatic man.
It is true that I did practice martial arts for 30 years (karate, shorinji-kempo) and it probably as to do something with it as well.
Now a day I stick to golf.
The next time I will talk about my life and my work here from the beginning till no
w.
See you next time